masking single images
25-03-2013, 02:21 AM
masking single images
[/font][font=Trebuchet MS]
i am looking to mask individual images that are not in a collage template. does anyone know how to do that?Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: masking single images
To create a mask for an image you have to click at the mask button at bottom of the layers palette in Photoshop ( a rectangle with a circle inside icon).
If you press ALT while clicking at the option you will get a black mask ( all is hidden).
08-05-2013, 01:38 AM
(26-03-2013 11:13 AM)adminforo Wrote:  To create a mask for an image you have to click at the mask button at bottom of the layers palette in Photoshop ( a rectangle with a circle inside icon).
If you press ALT while clicking at the option you will get a black mask ( all is hidden).

ok. when I edit a single image and try to use a mask from album ds it wont work, it only allows me to use the masks in a template with multiple images.
08-05-2013, 08:17 AM
(08-05-2013 01:38 AM)chrismel07 Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 11:13 AM)adminforo Wrote:  To create a mask for an image you have to click at the mask button at bottom of the layers palette in Photoshop ( a rectangle with a circle inside icon).

ok. when I edit a single image and try to use a mask from album ds it wont work, it only allows me to use the masks in a template with multiple images.

You don't need a template with more images but you need to have a shape layer and select this one to apply the mask.
Regarding that the picture is grouped to the shape layer the effect of the mask is visible in the picture.
You may easily understand how it works by opening a template with a single image.